Thursday, July 21, 2016

Winter and Christmas 2015

We had a good Winter.  Much like everything else that happened, it just wasn't the same without our Cash.  He would have loved everything we did this winter, from decorating, to sledding, no doubt he would have enjoyed it all. 

Christmas eve.  Going to bed with the house feeling quite magical!
 I love decorating for Christmas!  I love to go overboard with lights.  Something about white Christmas lights in a dark room feels so warm and welcoming.



I so love this picture my counselors in Young Womens got for me after Cash died.  It hangs so beautifully in our living room, and is a constant reminder of where Cash is and who is taking care of him.  I thought it was so beautifully lit up by the Christmas tree lights!

Addison and Brogan each got new bikes this year!  It was so fun to have them riding around in my dining room all morning! 

The kids each picked out a present for each other.  I gave them a $10 spending limit, and took them shopping while Stewart had the other one.  Brogan knew exactly what Addison truly wanted (a singing Elsa barbie doll), but I told him that was ten dollars over the spending limit, so pick something else.  That boy would NOT let that doll go.  He kept telling me, "Mom, Addison wants this SO BAD!! I HAVE to get it for her."  After trying every reasoning trick in the book, I finally just gave in and let him get it for her.  He was so good about helping me wrap it, and kept it a surprise until Christmas morning (even after all of Addison's nagging and tricking to try and figure out what he got her).  On Christmas morning the kids weren't too intereested in seeing what the other got (even though we take turns opening).  When it came to this present though, it was so sweet to watch Brogan watch Addison open his gift to her.  He was almost as excited as she was!
 I'm so glad that Brogan is such a sweet boy.  Addison was pretty excited to get this barbie doll!
 Our winter was definitely a white one!  We had tons of snow and lots of cold.  I loved every minute of it.  I love a good white Christmas!


 I helped at Addison's kindergarten class party.  Her and Jackson Bingham (a very very very distant relative, who Addison has a little crush on) got a little silly and hung these ornaments on their ears.  Mrs. Born took a picture, then Addison insisted I hang some on my ears too.  What a silly girl!


 Addison made the wall in the hall of the elementary school!  She was a Shining Star!  So proud of this girl.


 We took the kids to try sushi for the first time.  Brogan ate a ton of it, but then didn't feel good.  It took him a couple more trips to appreciate it again.  Addison didn't like it at first, but now when we go they both seem to eat all of our Godzuki and Crystal shrimp!  (And they're pros with cheater chopsticks)

Addison likes to listen to music on my old cell phone.  Doesn't she just look too old here?!  Stop growing up Addison!
 Playing in the snow with Aunt JoAnna.


 We went to a little craft fair at the high school and look who was there-Santa! These kids believe in Santa and love to see him whenever they get the chance.

 I got the chance to skip out for a few days and head to Utah with friends.  We went to Pinners conference (SO FUN!)  and had a blast together! I love this group of girls and love doing fun trips with them.  We all have so much in common, and always laugh till our abs hurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment