Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

Having a baby at Christmas time is a wonderful thing.  It is also a very stressful thing  (Especially when you have extra doctor appointments to schedule and get to quickly).  I was pretty pre-Christmas prepared (all my decorations were up at the end of November...) but it was still a task to get all the things done I'd wanted to.  At one point I was feeling overwhelmingly stressed out and found myself screaming at everyone about everything.  I soon realized that in my attempt to try and keep things clean, plan a perfect party, and squeeze in all the little things I was sucking the fun out of everything.  SO I decided to just be chill.  I literally just gave up on caring about anything I would normally care huge heaps about.  (Stewart was a little leery to actually have people over without first helping me create "fake house") (even though to his credit he did keep trying to keep things together) ;)  

Christmas day was the first "real" day we did nothing but stay home and veg.  It was wonderful!  I held Cash all day- watched my kids play all day- let the mess go all day- sat around in my jammies all day- and just enjoyed it.  It was truly a Christmas to remember! 

 Here is our "Mom Tree" Christmas Tree.  I love getting a real tree.  This year we didn't make it to the mountains (due any day with a baby... not this year).  But we did go to Moody's here in town. 
 Here's a little view of our Christmas decor.  I think it feels magical with only the Christmas lights on.
Christmas morning after Santa came!  
 Love these boys! 
 Addison loves them too! 
 Christmas day was a candy free for all (Santa even left candy canes on the tree!)
Santa also left an orange in everyone's stocking (which the kids gladly ate first).  So glad Santa wants them to be somewhat healthy ;)
 Me and sweet baby Cash
 Brogan got a sweet castle tent from Grandma Jensen.  Uncle Jon was a good sport and got in.  (...so did Jaime when she stopped by) :) 

 The Jensen grandparents, the Bingham grandparents and Spencer all came by to bring us presents, see what the kids got for Christmas, and say hello.  (It was nice of them to come to us!  We loved seeing them on Christmas day!
 Grandma Jensen getting some Cash loves!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a wonderful Christmas! I'm so glad you got to enjoy a nice day home with the family!

    ReplyDelete