Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day 2012

Today has been the best day ever.  SERIOUSLY.  It's President's day, and pretty close to everyone I know is going skiing.  Even Antonio went boarding today.  I thought that this was going to be just another boring day at home with the kids.  But with a little creativity, and a whole lot of cooperation from the kiddos, we've been able to turn this dull day into a super fun one!  

We started the day with "Occupy Living Room".  I think the kids were protesting nap time, but I don't think they know what they camped out for ;)
 Thanks to last summers' yard sales, and the DI, we have quite the collection of tents!
 Grandpa Jensen was here this morning helping Dad change a breaker, and he even joined the protest!
 Addison loved the tent setup.  In fact, she wanted to take her nap in the tents (an unsuccessful attempt, but valiant effort on her part).
Brogan woke up early, so he napped early (and for a surprisingly long time).  Stewart didn't leave for work till late morning, so Addison and I made a quick trip to the store to get a redbox.  We grabbed some soup and circus cookies for lunch while we were out.  (Addison loves to GO).  When we got back we shared soup, cookies, and lemonade while we watched 'Dolphin Tale'.  Wasn't a bad movie!  Addison was being so silly today.  Mostly just small things that made me giggle.  Like when I was getting stuff ready to eat our soup she kept saying "poop, poop Momma".  I thought she had to poop, but upon further investigation, she was just ready to eat some SOUP!  haha!  I tried to help her say soup, but it's still 'poop' to her.  Oh well.  She's cute.  I wish that I could've somehow recorded this whole day, with all the little cute things.  I hope that when my kids are in school, their days off will be spent just like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment