Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 Resolutions

It's a new year- and that means resolutions!  I'm going to try my hardest not to be a band-wagon resolutioner this year.  So I've written down my goals (it doesn't become a goal until you've written it down), and even wrote down what I need to do to accomplish these goals.  So these puppies are not just being posted on the blog, but also on the fridge, the bulletin board, and every other place I will be reminded to stick with it!
Here are mine!  
(Now what are yours?)

  • Lose 50 Pounds
    • Need to: Count Calories (have to eat about 1500 calories a day)
    • Workout- Twice a day (or at least one high intensity workout in a day)
    • Kick Processed foods!
  • Be a Better Wife
    • Make Meal Plans (And MAKE them!)
    • Keep up with my weekly cleaning schedule (including laundry!)
    • Adopt the "touch it once" rule.  Pick it up- put it away.  Spill it-wipe it.  Clean up as messes are made.
  • Be a Better Mom
    • Start waking up at the same time every morning (a decent time).
    • Get the kids on a more structured schedule
    • Designate time for learning and playing everyday
      • Give my sincere and undivided attention when I play with them!
    • Turn off the TV!!!!  Limit "Tube-Time" Everyday
    • Go to Reading time at the Public Library
    • Eat Meals at the table together
  • Remember Family/Friends Birthdays and do something nice for them
    • Do at the beginning of the month so you won't forget!!!
  • Do More to invite the spirit
    • Stop swearing (ya- I'm almost a sailor)
    • Do my Personal Prayer and Scripture Study
    • Do FAMILY prayer and scripture study
    • Have weekly Family Home Evening
    • Do my visiting teaching every month (with a willing and loving attitude)
    • Be more grateful, and more positive.  Always have an attitude of Gratitude.  
    • Love everyone, and judge others less.  "Jesus said love everyone, treat them kindly too". 
This may seems like a big list, but there are 365 days in a year.  I have 5 major goals for the year.  If I can cross off any of the smaller goals in this year, I will have had success (fact).  So here's to hoping that 2012 will be another great year filled with many happy memories, and lots of love and laughter! 
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment