- I gave birth to the sweetest little boy I could ever know.
- I had the opportunity to stay home and raise my two babies. I was able to witness all of their "firsts" and was able to play and giggle, and sing and dance the days away, not a sitter.
- I fell in love all over again with my sweet husband Stewart. We spent more time this year working on heart-felt (and inexpensive) dates that we could surprise each other with. What fun!
- I went to the circus for the first time!
- I met new friends, was able to get together for birthday lunches and girls nights, and shopping days!
- I coached an amazing set of young women, and got to be a part of wonderful growing experiences as a coach and as a person.
- I got to know my Mom SO much better, and was able to better appreciate her more fully. I was able to seek advice, vent about silly things, and laugh so hard at silly things.
- I got to watch my younger siblings turn into wonderful young adults. I got to send my little brother on a mission, and see my younger sister turn into a more confident, more beautiful daughter of God. I got to see them both love my children, and treat them with such love and patience.
- I had the opportunity to tighten a budget and pay off debts. I had the opportunity to scrimp and save for a down-payment for a house, and have even seen that savings pay off!
- I was able to get to know my other mother Nancy, and my sis-in-law Lindy SO much better. I have loved the time spent with them, and have felt like a daughter and sister to both of them.
- I have had the opportunity to work with nursery children, and feel of their unconditional love.
- I have had the opportunity to strengthen my testimony of Jesus Christ, and learn so much through my small obstacles.
- I was lucky enough to have a strong body and mind, and not have any serious injury or illnesses.
- I was pretty good about keeping up with the blog (aka my blournal). I know for a fact, someday my kids will enjoy reading about all these good times!
2011 was a very good year for me. I have never felt so blessed. I truly have a Wonderful Life. Sometimes I'm not grateful enough, and I don't love it enough. Sometimes I get so caught up in what I think life should be like, I don't stop and take it all in. In 2012, I am going to try harder to stop and take time to enjoy my babies, and let them be little. I am so thankful for my family, my friends, and those of you who take part in my life! I hope you all take the time to count your blessings, and make some new goals for the new year.
Happy New Year Everyone!