Monday, January 2, 2012

2011- A Wonderful Year

Happy New Year Everyone!  We rang in the New Year in Dietrich Idaho this year, with a great round of Napoleon (Wally Actually WON! -Guess this'll be a good year for him), and Stewart and I shared an awesome kiss as we watched the ball drop in Times square.  The kidlets snoozed away the New Year in their beds, and didn't notice any change in life (imagine that).  This time of year always makes me reflect on the year and wonder "what the heck did I accomplish this year?!"  It seems that my days meshed into each other, and time marched on whether I was organized and ready, or not.  All of my resolutions from last new years (awesome resolutions... things I REEEALLY needed to work on) are pretty much the ones I have for this year, meaning I didn't lose my baby weight, I didn't plan meals and cook regularly, I didn't clean like a dedicated house-wife, and I didn't have FHE every Monday night!  I found myself asking, "just what DID I do?"  Some accomplishments that I am very grateful for (and some pleasantly surprised by) that happened in 2011

  • I gave birth to the sweetest little boy I could ever know.
  • I had the opportunity to stay home and raise my two babies.  I was able to witness all of their "firsts" and was able to play and giggle, and sing and dance the days away, not a sitter.
  • I fell in love all over again with my sweet husband Stewart. We spent more time this year working on heart-felt (and inexpensive) dates that we could surprise each other with.  What fun!
  • I went to the circus for the first time!
  • I met new friends, was able to get together for birthday lunches and girls nights, and shopping days!
  • I coached an amazing set of young women, and got to be a part of wonderful growing experiences as a coach and as a person.
  • I got to know my Mom SO much better, and was able to better appreciate her more fully.  I was able to seek advice, vent about silly things, and laugh so hard at silly things.
  • I got to watch my younger siblings turn into wonderful young adults.  I got to send my little brother on a mission, and see my younger sister turn into a more confident, more beautiful daughter of God.  I got to see them both love my children, and treat them with such love and patience.  
  • I had the opportunity to tighten a budget and pay off debts.  I had the opportunity to scrimp and save for a down-payment for a house, and have even seen that savings pay off!
  • I was able to get to know my other mother Nancy, and my sis-in-law Lindy SO much better.  I have loved the time spent with them, and have felt like a daughter and sister to both of them.  
  • I have had the opportunity to work with nursery children, and feel of their unconditional love.
  • I have had the opportunity to strengthen my testimony of Jesus Christ, and learn so much through my small obstacles.
  • I was lucky enough to have a strong body and mind, and not have any serious injury or illnesses.  
  • I was pretty good about keeping up with the blog (aka my blournal).  I know for a fact, someday my kids will enjoy reading about all these good times!
2011 was a very good year for me.  I have never felt so blessed.  I truly have a Wonderful Life.  Sometimes I'm not grateful enough, and I don't love it enough.  Sometimes I get so caught up in what I think life should be like, I don't stop and take it all in.  In 2012, I am going to try harder to stop and take time to enjoy my babies, and let them be little.  I am so thankful for my family, my friends, and those of you who take part in my life!  I hope you all take the time to count your blessings, and make some new goals for the new year.  
Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment