Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Little Things....

Antonio Smith stated the quote, "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." Well my husband Stewart takes this quote quite seriously (even if he doesn't realize it). Yesterday was a good long day and I learned how to do something new... shave calves. Yup! Stew is a professional at it and everyone wants him to come help them at fair time. Well his boss' kids needed some help so I decided to go with him and maybe learn a thing or two. I sure did!! Three stubborn calves shaved and several hours later... I was sore, covered in cow hair, and ready to get some chow. So from Rupert we headed over to Burley and the first stop was to get gas. After Stewart is done pumping the gas he gets in and is so excited and says "I will never be able to do that again! LOOK!!!" Thinking that after the long day we had had and all that we got done with the calves this must be something pretty darn exciting! He backs up the car and rolls down his window, points to the gas tank and says "look, ten gallons exactly. That is something to be proud of."
And proud of it he was... I love this man!
"Look ten gallons exactly!"

No comments:

Post a Comment