Monday, March 16, 2015

Young Women's

In June of last year I was called as the Young Women's President in our ward.  It has been such a huge calling, but has strengthened my Faith in Christ and also my testimony of his church so much!  I love the women I work with, and couldn't ask for better Young Women.  They are outstanding examples of love and service and faith.  I love each of them dearly and have grown so close to them.  

In the summer we were able to put on an "estate sale" yardsale (thanks to Jan Lemmons donating so much of her mother's estate).  We hauled so many treasures to the State Farm lawn and had a giant two-day yardsale.  We made a TON of money which has been able to fund us doing so many fun activities.



 My Laurels did a shaving cream twister (then we all jumped in my hot tub)


 My laurels went canoeing at Dog Creek

One Activity was going to the General Women's Meeting in Salt Lake City.  Roger and Sue Cheney bussed us to Salt Lake and we spent the day touring as much as we could in the rain.  Even though It was wet, we all had a BLAST! 

 Stewart was able to go with us as a Priesthood leader.  He always makes trips so fun!
We took all our Young Women to Jump time.  Sometimes it's good to take a break :) 

 Our New Theme for 2015.
It's been almost a year since I was called as President, and I finally feel like I have a tiny handle on what I'm supposed to be doing.  I am so grateful for my Counselors (Deby Infanger and Krista Robinson) and all my advisors (Suzanne Reeves, Jen Tanner, Trica Atkinson) and my secretary (Tori Turner).  I couldn't do it without everyone pulling their own weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment