Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ferdinand

Lately Addison won't take a nap or go to bed until we read THREE stories.  {She likes to sit in my lap for two, then get in bed and have me read one more}.  Usually she picks the same stories over and over for about a week.  Ferdinand, however,  has become a fast favorite, and we end up reading it every night and nap time.  Whenever I read her a story, I really try to over-exaggerate, do voices, and let her fill in the blanks.  For Ferdinand, there's a part that's repeated  "Not Ferdinand.  He just liked to sit in the grass and smell the flowers."  This is usually how that part goes.  ME: "Not Ferdinand.  He just liked to sit in the grass and smell the...."  ADDISON: "CHICKENS!"  Whaaat?  haha!  Oh Addison.  You never cease to make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment