Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ether 12:3


"For he did cry from the morning, even until the going down of the sun, exhorting the people to believe in God unto repentance lest they should be destroyed, saying unto them that by faith all things are fulfilled-"

I was looking for "my favorite" scripture for a project my Mom is doing.  I don't really have a "favorite".  I think they're all good, and can all be interpreted different ways, depending on what you're in need of.  I flipped to Ether (my smart phone makes flipping around very easy), and just started reading.  For some reason this scripture really stood out to me.  Maybe it's because I've been thinking about my little brother on his mission, and the importance of the work he's doing.  Maybe it's because I need to share my testimony more often.  Whatever the reason, tonight this is my favorite scripture!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet. I didn't mean that everyone should have ONE favorite scripture. Most of us have several. And a I also have 'seasonal' favorites, too. JoAnna told me she has 16 favorites. She gave 2 to me, and she shares the rest with Elder Jensen in her letters. I just thought that as I send Elder Jensens pictures, it would be fun to send him some inspiration, and something kind of personal from everyone...their "favorite" scripture, even if it's only "today's" favorite. I think he'll like it. I know it's been fun to gather and put them together. thanks for working on it. Now just get me Stew's, and pictures of you two! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete