Thursday, April 22, 2010

Testimony

First off, pause the music on the right side of the page so you can watch this video. If you click on the video, it will take you to YOU TUBE and you'll be able to see the whole screen.
The spirit I felt as I watched this was so great, words can not describe.

I have never been able to imagine the pain and trials the prophet Joseph Smith and his family went through to organize Christ's church. However, since I have started my family, I have come to realize just how much a wife loves her husband. I love Stewart more than anything and I worry about him everyday. I often worry about silly things; is he getting good grades? is he doing well at work? I also worry about the everyday things; why isn't he answering his phone? is he safe driving on the roads? As I watched this video clip, my heart went out to Emma Smith. I can not imagine wondering if my husband will come home each night. I can not imagine loosing sleep, wondering when the mob will return. I can not imagine watching my husband being handcuffed and taken prisoner. I can't imagine wondering if this would be the last time I would hold my husband, or kiss him, or even hear his voice. I can not imagine being left a young widow with a family to care for alone. Can you imagine? Emma had to have had such a special relationship with our Heavenly Father. She had to have had the Holy Ghost as her faithful, unceasing companion. She must have had so much faith to endure through the trials of everyday life. I hope that I can be a little more like Emma Smith. I hope I can be strong and faithful in times of despair and hardship. I would like to add my testimony to Elder Holland's, that I know the Book of Mormon is True. I know that it is the word of God. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God. I'm so thankful for the sacrifices that were made by he and his family. I know that Christ atoned for my sins and for the sins of the world because he loves us. I know I am a Child of God, and he also loves us. I'm thankful for a true modern day prophet. I know that if we do what is right, and have faith, we need not fear. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment