Sunday, July 12, 2009

An embarrassing story...

So... my morning sickness had it's first public debut this last week. It was pretty horribly embarrassing! On Friday night my good friend Brittanie Toone came to Twin so we could catch up and hang out. We went to dinner at Sizzler and me not being too hungry, just got the salad bar. I had SO MUCH good fruit and had a salad that was very tasty. (I think the problem with the salad was the garbanzo beans and meat I put on it) (I haven't been doing well with meat). Anyways, I was feeling fine until we got parked at the drive in.... then disaster struck! All of a sudden I felt like I was going to throw up and sure enough I did, right outside my door. Now I thought this was embarassing because there were people behind me and probably watched in horror (as they were sitting on the ground in their lawnchairs :) Well, I continued to feel sick and had one more out the door incedent before I decided that I really needed to find the bathroom, AND FAST! So I'm practically jogging through the parking lot towards the snack bar when I totally just lost it all. I tried to just keep it in my mouth, but there was a lot more than I thought there would be... so I just let it all go in the middle of the parking lot. So now not only is there a pile of grossness in the parking lot, my hands and face are also coated, and there are a few nice spots of it on my shirt too! So I wiped my face off and shook it off my hands as good as I could and didn't even look around me to see how all the people were looking at me (but there were a LOT of people around me). Determined, I tried to act like I didn't have grossness all over my face, hands and shirt as I looked for the bathroom.... and Yup... I couldn't find it!! So I had to ask someone where it was (as if I wasn't already drawing enough attention to myself)! When I got to the bathroom you better believe that I didn't have anything left in my stomach so I just washed my hands and face and shirt and left, pretty much defeated. (I took a nice long detour back to the car and totally avoided my initial route :) I was fine for the rest of the night (as far as being sick), but my pride was definately hurt. Never have I been sick in public. In fact I've never not made it to the bathroom before! So I'm blogging about this more for journaling purposes. Lots of people have told me to journal about it so I can laugh about it in a year. Well, I probably still won't think it's too funny in a year, but perhaps in a decade :)

No comments:

Post a Comment